Acrobatics x Katonah Yoga. Yes. Asia-based Katonah Yoga teachers, Clare Lim and Aaron Martin, will be leading this 5h training module, cross-referencing beginner friendly acrobatics with Nevine Michaan’s teachings. Think cartwheels, handstands to wheels, and arm balances.
We will cover:
• Creative vinyasa sequencing to spice up your classes
• Handstand teaching basics
• Wrist and shoulder injury prevention and rehabilitation
•Prioritization of form and measure, over strength, in arm balances
• 1h Katonah class
• 2h hands on, safe spotting, handstand and wheel measurements, re/progressions
• 1h boundaries/touch/consent in a private setting, sequencing and safety in a group setting
• 1h Katonah restorative for the nervous system to chill + Q&A
This 10 hour training is completely certifiable towards the 200 hour Katonah Yoga certification.
This training is led by the owners of SharedSpace, a Hong Kong based movement brand. As founders Clare and Aaron come from a diverse, athletic background, below are core values that inform how they do anything, an d therefore inform how this teacher training will be led:
• All yoga is good. In fact, all movement is good. All experiences bring insights. We encourage everyone in the room to leverage their strengths, use their previous experiences to their advantage, cross-reference it all with what we share, and leave with their own insights, their own step functions (ways to move forward).
• Yes, and- it is important for us that Katonah Yoga concepts and teachings make sense in your practice, in your teaching, and add to what you do. Developing a ‘yes, and…’ culture in our teacher trainings is important as people come to the room having had different experiences. Yes, and to us, applies to all conversations in the room, and brings joy to us all.
• Appropriating Katonah Yoga to unique cultures - As Katonah Yoga teachers based in Asia, we have had our fair share of weird yet insightful experiences teaching the material… Asians, and particularly those coming from traditional Chinese cultures, can tend to shy away from eye contact and touch, and when fears and limiting beliefs are strong in a room that is when injuries can happen. We’ve learned to package and brand the material to match our audiences where they are at. And from bizarre experiences, we now love coming up with creative solutions to present the material, to different audiences, age groups. If this topic is one you can relate to, please do come with your questions, or better yet write us at email@example.com.
Clare is a ERYT500, and has been part of the Katonah Yoga community for 5 years. Clare began teaching yoga
in 2012, while finishing her studies in Dance. She studied directly under Nevine Michaan, and was also inspired
by Abbie Galvin and Adrian Galvin. Other than practising and teaching Katonah Yoga, Clare passion lies in building brands, running businesses, and cross-references Nevine’s teachings with conventional business strategy.
Originally a student of Philosophy from Frankfurt, Germany, Aaron is a Parkour and Acrobatics professional,
who transitioned from performance and stuntwork, to education. Aaron was introduced to Katonah Yoga in 2016, and continually cross-references Nevine’s teachings with Strength, Mobility, Acrobatics-based knowledge.
Reservations must be canceled at least 24 hours in advance for a store credit only (applicable to future workshops, classes, or merchandise).