Yoga Nidra Teacher Training: Level I
With Dr. Nick Atlas
March 31 – April 1, 2018
Saturday & Sunday, 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Yoga Nidra, or “dynamic sleep,” is a unique approach to deep relaxation, meditation and transformative dreamwork that can be practiced with little or no yogic experience, yet it encompasses the full breadth of yoga psychology and meditative insight. Yoga Nidra is typically ‘delivered’ to a group by a trained instructor, though it may also be employed in a one-on-one setting (e.g., in place of or as an adjunct to counseling, psychotherapy, energy work, etc.) and, ultimately, may become the foundation of your yoga practice and journey of self-discovery.
Level I of Evolutionary Education’s 100-hr Yoga Nidra Teacher Training Certification Course is a comprehensive and nourishing, 15-hr retreat-style experience featuring gentle movement, breath work, and several opportunities to both receive and guide the immensely restorative, deep relaxation of Yoga Nidra. The training will also feature integrative discussion/Q&A on the philosophy and evidenced-based research supporting the practice, including how it relates to waking, dreaming (e.g., lucid dreaming) and consciousness, healing trauma, releasing anxiety, alleviating insomnia, overcoming nightmares, etc.
Nick Atlas, Ph.D., E-RYT 500 is a light-hearted, grounded and accessible meditation instructor specializing in integrative approaches to sleep, dreams, deep relaxation and stress reduction. The Director of Evolutionary Education® and 200-hr Yoga Psychology Teacher Trainings, Dr. Nick also teaches Transpersonal Psychology at Atlantic University and conducts pioneering research on Yoga Nidra and lucid dreaming. He has been practicing and teaching various forms of yoga, qigong, meditation, dreamwork and expressive arts since 1998. For more info on Evolutionary Education’s 100-hr Yoga Nidra Teacher Training Certification Course, visit www.evolutionaryeducation.org.
Among our learning objectives are for you to:
- Receive a succinct yet adaptable method for delivering Yoga Nidra to diverse audiences.
- Explore ways to incorporate Yoga Nidra into yoga classes, schools, health care clinics, private practice, home/family life, etc.
- Examine the theoretical and philosophical foundations of Yoga Nidra, including how it relates to counseling theory, psychology, yoga, mindfulness, Buddhism, etc., as well as evidenced-based research, trauma-informed approaches and ethical concerns.
- Practice how to connect with yourself and others, foster empathy and develop clear boundaries, while instilling additional strategies for self-care, wellness and prevention.
- Develop tools for deepening your own practice, finding your voice, and speaking authentically from your heart.
- Learn to relax more deeply into the present moment, let go of your fears, revitalize yourself and tap into vast creative resources.
This program is open to all levels and no experience is needed. All participants will receive a training manual and, upon fulfillment of all course requirements, a certificate of completion for Level I. Yoga Alliance members are eligible to receive 15 hours of CE credit.
$300 early admission (before March 1, 2018)
$375 regular admission
20% off for SKY TING Teachers *
10% off for SKY TING TT & Mentorship Graduates *
* E-mail email@example.com to redeem your promo code!
Training reservations must be canceled at least 5 days in advance for a refund.