Subtle Body & Energetic Principles
With Kajuan Douglas
January 12 – 14, 2017
Friday, 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday, 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Immerse yourself in the esoteric principles and concepts of the yoga practice exploring the practicality and mysticism of the Chakra System, and Koshas. Grasp an understanding of how and why our yoga practice is influenced through these subtle forces and energy. In this training, we will explore the inner landscape of the body that enrich our experiences in class and influence our every day life. Learn to make connections between the philosophy of traditional yogic texts with the physical yoga practices of today. Gain or reinforce skills in meditation and pranayama to take your teaching to the next level. Learn Hatha and Kundalini Yoga practices for your vinyasa classes to help you and students intuitively experience the purpose of Yoga.
- Asana Practice & Lectures
- Philosophy & Theory
- Pranayama & Bandhas
- Koshas & Vayus
- Kundalini Yoga Principles and Practices
$550 early admission (before December 15th)
$600 regular admission
$475 SKY TING Graduates
Open to teachers and serious students.
*Not Yoga Alliance Certified, but students can individually apply for 20hr Continuing Education Credit Hours.*
Kids Yoga Teacher Training
With Caprice Abowitt
January 26 – 28, 2018
February 2 – 4, 2018
Friday, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday, 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Metta Kids Yoga Teacher Training is a well-rounded program which will prepare you to teach children ages two to teens in a wide variety of settings. Kids Yoga is a fun way to build strength, foster community, relieve stress and plant the seeds of mindfulness. This Teacher Training is a great tool for yoga teachers, school teachers, specialists, parents, and caregivers — anyone who loves working with children.
*A 200-hour certification is not required, but those without a yoga teaching background should have a strong and consistent personal practice. This Training is a part of the Children’s Yoga Teacher Training Collaborative. Hours completed can be counted towards the required 95-hour Yoga Alliance Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher certification.
Born and raised in Phoenix, Caprice has always been a natural mover. A classically trained dancer, she fell in love with yoga after sustaining a back injury and now specializes in kids yoga, pre- and postnatal, and yoga for the pelvic floor. Caprice has been teaching movement to children for more than a decade, and has developed curriculum and children’s yoga programs for Microsoft (PRO Sports Club), the Stroum Jewish Community Center, Sacred Sounds Yoga, and many private nursery and preschools, both secular and religious. She has created workshops for public schools and after-school programs for a wide range of ages. Caprice developed Metta Kid’s Yoga Teacher Training in 2014 and leads the program both in the US and abroad.
Caprice is a senior teacher at the Prenatal Yoga Center, where she co-leads Teacher Training in New York City and along the East Coast. Additionally, she is a DONA certified Birth Doula and a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator. A graduate of Cornish College of the Arts, Caprice now lives in Brooklyn with her husband and their surly cat, Josephine. www.sagecaprice.com
This course includes:
- The developmental benefits of yoga for children
- Poses, sequencing, breath work, and meditations appropriate for age groups pre-kindergarten to teens
- Age appropriate songs, games, activities and partner poses
- Using storytelling to incorporate yoga philosophy
- Teaching in a wide variety of settings: schools, studios, community centers, special events and one on one
- Tools for teaching Family Yoga
- Constructing lesson plans
- Business and ethics of teaching children
- Creating boundaries for classroom management
- Assisting and adjusting more challenging poses
- Practice teaching time (and practice being a kid)
- Opportunities outside of weekend training to hone your skills
Requirements for Certification:
- Attendance at all lectures
- Completion of all readings and homework assignments
- Teach a final class, either with our partners at Green Apple Kids or on your own
Manual and short reading assignments will be provided. There is a supplementalbook list that you will be responsible to purchase.