200-Hour Teacher Training Program
February — April 2017
We are very pleased to announce SKY TING YOGA's Spring 200-Hour Teacher Training program! The program will cover a comprehensive base of the foundational principles taught at the studio. It will be led by SKY TING’s co-founders Krissy Jones and Chloe Kernaghan, as well as our top teachers, and incredible guest lecturers including Katonah Yoga's founder Nevine Michaan. Upon graduation, expect to have a thorough understanding of the practice, the tools to support a high quality home practice, and developed skills for teaching safe and effective classes that you can share anywhere!
THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- In-depth study of asana practice
- Understanding alignment
- Embodying the archetype of each posture
- Pranayama training
- Meditation practice
- Introduction to Katonah philosophy and Taoist principles
- Primer on the History of Yoga
- Understanding the subtle body including organs, glands, and therapeutics
- Sequencing and learning signature SKY TING sequence
- Manual adjustments
- Refining delivery as a teacher
- Learning how to read a body in asana practice
- Basic anatomy within the context of yoga with an in-depth study into myofascial lines
- Setting the groundwork for a daily home practice
- Teaching for the individual (including: private yoga, prenatal, working with injuries)
- In-class practice teaching and feedback from mentors
- Observation of SKY TING classes
- Assigned readings and homework
- NEVINE MICHAAN @katonahyogacenter
- ABBIE GALVIN @katonahyogabowery
- ALLY BOGARD @allybogard
- KUMI SAWYERS @shadylawn
- SOPHIE GREEN @sophieellagreen
- DAGES JUVELIER-KEATES @dagesjuvelierkeates
- KAJUAN DOUGLAS @kramakajuan
Attendance to all weekends is mandatory in order to receive certification. Missed lectures can be made-up in Fall 2017 training. Completion of the program and all requirements will earn you a 200 hour Certificate, which you can then use to apply to be a 200 hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) with Yoga Alliance. You will also be eligible for future SKY TING training programs and mentorships.
The program includes the required weekend lectures below in addition to 25 hours of peer training/practice sessions and SKY TING YOGA class observations. You'll be provided with a SKY TING YOGA training manual and there is a supplemental book list that you will be responsible to purchase.
SPRING TEACHER TRAINING DATES:
FRIDAY – SUNDAYS: Starting February 3 through April 30th
EXCEPTIONS: February 17 – 19, March 17 – 19, April 14 – 16
FRIDAYS: 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
SATURDAYS: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (1 hour lunch break)
SUNDAYS: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (1 hour lunch break)
All lectures will take place at SKY TING’s flagship location in Tribeca.
The cost of the program is $3,500 paid in full by February 3, 2017. There is an early bird special of $3,250 if paid in full by January 1, 2017. An application deposit of $250 is required which will go towards your tuition if accepted into the program. If not accepted, the deposit will be returned, if you are accepted and do not attend, the deposit is non-refundable.