NOVA SCOTIA RETREAT, JULY 28 — AUGUST 4, 2018
at Shobac Property, Nova Scotia, Canada
led by Kumi Sawyers and Alex Sharry
Ocean, open fields, a yoga barn, delicious food, picturesque town, incredible yoga, natural dye workshops and gorgeous living. SKY TING is pleased to bring our students on a most incredible week of retreat to the beautiful lands of Nova Scotia. We’ve rented a number of houses on the Shobac Property outside Halifax that integrates modern design with its natural environment.
Join Kumi Sawyers and Alex Sharry, who will guide you deep into your yoga practice. Our dear friend and favorite chef Lauren Gerrie will be creating healthy, nourishing meals, served outside at large communal tables on the property. Beyond yoga, there will be plenty of opportunities to explore: day trips to local vineyards, beach days and surf lessons down the shore, exploring UNESCO World Heritage Site (and charming town) Lunenburg nearby…Kalen Kaminski from Upstate will be leading a natural dye workshop, so you can bring home some special goodies.
This retreat center is very much communal living. The houses are designed with open layouts, many of the rooms being lofted above the living spaces. Bathrooms in the houses will be shared between the guests of the house. If you have a group of friends interested in all being in the same house, we can definitely try and accommodate you as best you can. To get a better feel for each individual house on the property, explore: http://www.shobac.mlsarchitects.ca/ under “rentals."
- 7 nights at Shobac
- 14 Yoga/Pranayama/Meditation classes (twice daily except first and last day)
- Daily Brunch, 6 Dinners (1 dinner night will be in town)
- Natural Dye Workshops with Kalen Kaminski of Upstate
- Free days to lounge around property, including fine sand beach and sea
- 1 Dinner out in Lunenburg
- Surf Lessons, wine tastings, additional town exploration and shopping
- Alcohol at dinner (you’re welcome to bring your own for meals!)
TRANSPORTATION (NOT INCLUDED):
- Flights should be booked into Halifax on July 28th
- You will need to rent a car (carpooling with other retreaters can be arranged) for a 1.5hr drive to Shobac Property
- Check in is at 3pm on the property, so plan to arrive between 3:30-5pm, first practice will begin at 6pm.
- Check out will be at 10am on August 4th, so plan for flights in the afternoon/early evening.
Note: All bathrooms are shared and many rooms are open loft spaces (i.e. no door to close). If you are signing up for a rooming option where you will share a bed, please specify who you’ll share room with by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Loft Queen Bed for 2 people: $2,500/person
- Loft Queen Bed for 1 person: $2,900/person
- 2 Loft Queen Beds for 2 people: $2,650/person
- Twin Beds private room (2 per room): $2,150/person
- Twin Bed in open room: $1,900
There is an early bird discount on listed prices of $100 off until May 1, 2018.
$800 non-refundable deposit required to hold your spot, full balance due by July 1, 2018.
Please read our cancellation policy on retreats below before signing up!
Email email@example.com for questions or more information :)
Shobac Property Photos:
Lorne Bridgman, James Brittain, James Steeves, William Green
Deposits secure your spot on the trip and are not refundable. Refunds for the balance payments vary depending on timing. For cancellation requests submitted with more than 30 days of retreat date: 100% of total amount (less deposit) will be refunded. For cancellation requests submitted within 30 days of retreat date, 50% of total amount (less deposit) will be refunded. Cancellation requests within 14 days of the retreat: sorry but no refunds given, no exceptions. Nobody books a retreat with the intention of canceling it, but unexpected events do occur, so please consider purchasing travel insurance. Exceptions cannot be made for any reason, including weather, injury/illness, or personal emergencies. No refunds or credits will be granted for failure to attend, complete or for arriving late or leaving early.